[Arm-netbook] RedSleeve - New ARM Linux Distro

Henrik Nordström henrik at henriknordstrom.net
Fri Apr 13 12:18:03 BST 2012

fre 2012-04-13 klockan 12:17 +0200 skrev Vladimir Pantelic:

> unless the "soft" ones are using armv5 and an old compiler and the
> "hard" ones armv7 and a newer/better compiler

soft-float applications are generally built for armv5tel. The only
meaningful comparison I have is that armv7hl is much faster in all
respects than armv5tel, on same hardware & kernel, using same compiler
flags except for selection of target CPU generation, ABI and floating
point implementation.

It's kind of pointless to build armv7 soft-float imho. The only reason
is to co-exists with armv5tel which I have no meaningful interest in.

Regards
Henrik