[Arm-netbook] RedSleeve - New ARM Linux Distro

Henrik Nordström henrik at henriknordstrom.net
Thu Apr 12 22:27:43 BST 2012

mån 2012-03-26 klockan 09:38 +0100 skrev Gordan Bobic:

> Have you actually looked at what the realistic performance advantage is
> on something like a Tegra2 between running armv5tel and armv7hl for a
> typical desktop workload?

I have not tried them in desktop setup, but in batch compile performance
difference there is a very noticeable difference between Tegra2 running
armv5tel or Tegra2 running armv7hl for any larger compile job even when
running the same kernel.

Perhaps the difference is less visible on Cortex A8 devices such as
Allwinner A10, I do not know. Have not measured on the Mele yet but will
as soon as we have a sufficiently recent kernel that boots with LAN and
USB or SATA.

Regards
Henrik