[Arm-netbook] amery kernel 3.0 error

Alejandro Mery amery at geeks.cl
Mon Apr 9 20:09:09 BST 2012

Hi Akash,

On Mon, Apr 9, 2012 at 20:59, Akash <akash87 at gmail.com> wrote:
> arch/arm/mm/built-in.o: In function `build_mem_type_table':
> /media/natty/home/gaara/ICS/lichee/arch/arm/mm/mmu.c:456: undefined
> reference to `early_write_ok'
> make: *** [.tmp_vmlinux1] Error 1

the commit causing that trouble will be reverted soon from that branch
(after some tests) as it has already been reverted from the 3.3 branch
where it came from.

in the mean time you can use this patch http://dpaste.com/729167/ or
enable CONFIG_EARLY_PRINTK/

> As i was encountering certain errors with the HDMI sound and so is the CEDAR
> driver. I am wondering what is causing this error. If its not an essential
> module that is causing, if someone can tell me which module to unset in the
> .config to avoid this error i'd do it right away.

the video and sound drivers in that tree are indeed broken waiting
until someone takes the time to adapt them to the new v4l2 and dai
APIs, There was someone going to do so during his hotel-evenings at
abu dhabi these weeks. in the mean time you can disable them to get
the build finished and enjoy a serial console to your preferred rootfs
on uSD ;-)

disabling CONFIG_VIDEO_CSI_SUN4I, CONFIG_VIDEO_SUN4I_CEDAR and
CONFIG_SND_SOC should do the trick for now.