[Arm-netbook] Running Linux OS on A10 tablets

Henrik Nordström henrik at henriknordstrom.net
Sun Apr 1 15:10:58 BST 2012

> i have a onda vi10 tab , and this is the website http://www.onda.cn/
> i want to run linux OS on my tab ,but it seems to be hard for my poor
> knowledge ,
> so is there any advice for me ??

The included  Android OS is tehnically a Linux OS. It's not a GNU+Linux
OS, but still Linux. (Android+Linux OS)

There is many more normal GNU+Linux OS distributions that also work, but
there is no easy prepared images for A10 yet. I am pretty sure there
will be several such images made avaiable in the community by the time
the EOMA68 A10 card is ready for beta. I for sure will do my best to
provide a Fedora 17 based image by then.

Today you will need to do a little tinkering to get Linux running. The
easiest path is to run Linux from an SDCARD, but you will need to know a
bit of how Linux & U-Boot works to get this running currently, and on
such tablets you will be a bit blinded as you can't both have an SDCARD
and console output at the same time on those.

One of my little projects is getting USB console working in U-Boot and
the kernel which would lower the threshold for tinkering with A10
devices considerably.

Regards
Henrik