[Arm-netbook] $5 Cortex-A8 SoC aims to take on ARM9 in the embedded market

Michelle Konzack linux4michelle at tamay-dogan.net
Mon Oct 31 18:53:33 GMT 2011

Hello Bari,

> http://www.linuxfordevices.com/c/a/News/TI-Sitara-AM335x/
>
> Unless TI decides to close the data sheets these could be a winner. I'd
> actually prefer to build a ~$25 module with these since the Raspberry Pi
> uses a Broadcom ARM soc with the usual closed docs.
>
> The only areas typically kept kept closed by TI are the 3D libs and
> register specs for the PowerVR. Let's see if TI screws this up or if all
> the docs stay open. If they stay open and I have time, I'll post all the
> design and assembly files for interested board stuffers everywhere to
> churn out boards.

Since Texas Instruments has one of the most powerfull 3D  engines,  they
will never release the 3D libs open.  I have a NDA with TI and access to
the sources of the 3D functions.

And yes, this µC is geat stuff.

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day/Evening
    Michelle Konzack

               Internet Service Provider, Cloud Computing
                <http://www.itsystems.tamay-dogan.net/>

itsystems at tdnet                     Jabber  linux4michelle at jabber.ccc.de
Owner Michelle Konzack

Gewerbe Strasse 3                   Tel office: +49-176-86004575
77694 Kehl                          Tel mobil:  +49-177-9351947
Germany                             Tel mobil:  +33-6-61925193  (France)

USt-ID:  DE 278 049 239