[Arm-netbook] Multi-channel audio support

Bari Ari bari at onelabs.com
Sat Dec 31 20:49:44 GMT 2011

On 12/31/2011 02:32 PM, jonsmirl at gmail.com wrote:

> If you do an open design in something Orcad can read I'll have our
> layout guys look at it. Maybe we can share core parts of the layout.

Orcad and Allegro here. But I don't think they want open design files
floating around yet. It's sounds crazy but they are probably concerned
about law suits and support. Incompetent designers have actually filed
suit against ASIC vendors when they couldn't get a design to work
properly. So the ASIC vendors get very picky as to what customers they
take on since they might have to hold their hands and design a whole
board vs just support a single component.

If it was my SOC, I'd be getting as much reference design material out
as possible to maximize the amount of parts sold before the device is
obsolete.

BTW...KiCAD pinouts would be marvelous!!

-Bari