[Arm-netbook] EOMA/CF idea

Bari Ari bari at onelabs.com
Fri Dec 30 21:18:46 GMT 2011

On 12/30/2011 02:57 PM, jonsmirl at gmail.com wrote:

> There are a lot of major issues with FCC licensing in that model. You
> are probably going to have to put the entire card into a metal jacket.
>   After you do that there are going to be a bunch of thermal problems.
> All of this can be addressed but it is a lot of work.

We are not just talking about the US and the card has a metal enclosure.
I have no real thermal problems with these types of designs and it's not
much work at all. Ask me that question 40 years ago and I might have
been stumped for a while on both of your issues. So it probably depends
on who you are asking or how much experience you have.

Here a pic of a typical PCMCIA card. Millions have already been made.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/bf/Pcmcia_smart_4mb_linear_flash.jpg/250px-Pcmcia_smart_4mb_linear_flash.jpg

-Bari