[Arm-netbook] 7" Allwinner A10 on Amazon for $118

Tom Cubie tangliang at allwinnertech.com
Mon Dec 26 04:08:22 GMT 2011

On 12/26/2011 11:05 AM, Bari Ari wrote:
> Amazon has an A10 tablet for $118
>
> http://www.amazon.com/Allwinner-Android-Ultrathin-5-point-Capacitive/dp/B006IOA9Z8/ref=sr_1_23?ie=UTF8&m=A3U3JJYGD7YYL1&s=generic&qid=1324867878&sr=1-23
>
> What are the chances of being able to build and swap kernels for this?
> Or trying u-boot? What bootloader have the ODM's been using with the A10?
>
> Does the A10 have any signed firmware modes for locking out unsigned
> kernels or firmware?
>
> -Bari

No, it's not signed. You can build a custom kernel and even run another
linux distribution on it. I am writing a page here
http://elinux.org/Hack_A10_devices on how to modify the firmware. It's
not finished yet. In short it's easy, you just need to change a ini file
to let your custom kernel or u-boot to run.