[Arm-netbook] a10 module and jtag?

lkcl luke luke.leighton at gmail.com
Fri Dec 23 21:02:21 GMT 2011

On Fri, Dec 23, 2011 at 8:47 PM, Alejandro Mery <amery at geeks.cl> wrote:
> Hi, I probably missed something but where is the jtag? part on the
> 44pin extension or separated? compatible with openocd and with popular
> cheap programmers like the flyswatter? :p

 pins are
JTAG_MS0 JTAG_CK0 JTAG_DO0 JTAG_DIO JTAG_MS1 JTAG_DI1 JTAG_DO1
JTAG_CK1 and JTAG_SEL ok actually some of the JTAG pins can be
multi-function multiplexed.

so, interestingly, it looks like there are 2 JTAG ports!

 no idea what that lot's compatible with - it'd be crazy to have it
proprietary, it would cost allwinner time and money to write their own
tools.

> I've seen a bunch of devices which export their microusb as a hub
> including access to the jtag, serial console and gadget, is this
> possible for us?

 doesn't look like it.  no mention of JTAG other than the pin-pads and
a brief overview with description of each pin, in the datasheet.  it's
_that_ kind of datasheet :)  however, we know that information is
missing from it (it's more like "brief reminder notes") so there could
be something else.