[Arm-netbook] Wifi

jonsmirl at gmail.com jonsmirl at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 14:56:06 GMT 2011

When you are getting started with this and testing the market, it
would probably be best to do what we are doing and design the form
factor to include the USB wifi stick. If the first rounds are
successful put the wifi chip on board in a later revision.

If this place checks out in regards to FCC/EU, I'd order several
hundred and include them with all of your devices so that everyone
uses the same chip and software developers can count on that
consistency in the hardware. You should be able to get 11g sticks for
under $5 each.

http://ogemray.en.alibaba.com/productgrouplist-200609573/Wifi_module.html#products

This model also lets you drop the Ethernet chip since USB based
Ethernet sticks can be had for $2-3. The problem with them is form
factor and stably securing them in the chassis. You factory might be
able to come up with a scheme for physically securing them.

--
Jon Smirl
jonsmirl at gmail.com