[Arm-netbook] SO-DIMM Upgrade Proposal: CT-PC89E with an 833mhz S5PC100 and 1gb of RAM - anyone interested?

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton luke.leighton at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 30 22:26:30 BST 2010

On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 7:50 PM, Andrew M.A. Cater
<amacater at galactic.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 03:38:45PM +0000, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
>> ok, i decided that this is worth going ahead with, and i'd like to
>> know if anyone would be interested in taking a bit of a risk (which
>> will only mean more money, nothing else) and we commission a hardware
>> engineer i know, who happens to be doing a PDA using the _exact_ same
>> S5PC100 CPU, to create a cut-down version of the project he's doing
>> and make it into an SO-DIMM.
>>
> You've got £100 / USD $150 more of my money if you want :)

 good maaan.  that's one.

 $150 shouuld cover 1 SO-DIMM revision _if_ there are 10 people.  the
first step is to get a working SO-DIMM.  that mayyyy take a few
revisions ($500 a time, 6-layer board.... *sigh*...) but once started
it's worth sticking to and finishing the job.

 so, there are three steps.  four.

 0) we get the pin-outs from Si-Chang (or i just reverse-engineer
them.  i have A Plan for that).
 1) initial design. takes... ooo... 6 weeks?
 2) PCB revisions until 1 SO-DIMM works.  this is the long bit: they
need to be sent to me, to test.
 3) N samples get done and shipped to whoever wants them.

> Serial console please and/or JTAG as well if this is feasible.

 i remembered about jtag, forgot about serial port.  easily done,
thanks for flagging it.

> Come back to me for more if needed.

 willdo.  i'll wait to hear from james, see what he says.  he needs
some money, which is why i put $2500 towards him, it's easy for him to
adapt what he already has, and it helps us.