[Arm-netbook] X.Org configuration files

Michael Howard mike at dewberryfields.co.uk
Tue Mar 30 18:21:04 BST 2010

Frans Pop wrote:
> Attached two X.Org configuration files. Provided as examples only.
>
> The first is what I'm currently using on an installed Lenny system. The
> second is what I'm using for the Graphical Installer (which is based on
> Squeeze).
>
> Note that the second uses evdev for keyboard and touchpad, while the first
> uses the "traditional" drivers. Why? It just happened that way...
>
> Both files include options to disable DPMS to avoid the LCD going haywire.
> This should work as long as nothing in your desktop overrides these
> settings.

I've used both of these (almost exactly anyway) and found that with the
traditional version, command line recall using the cursor keys doesn't
work but does with evdev. Obviously I'm talking about in a terminal in
the desktop environment.

CTRL-ALT-F1 doesn't work with either, 'chvt #' in a terminal window does
work though.

Cheers,

--
Michael Howard        mike at dewberryfields dot co dot uk
Lancashire