[Arm-netbook] CT-PC89E - translation of meaning behind this alibaba page

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton luke.leighton at googlemail.com
Fri Mar 26 11:31:20 GMT 2010

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/277571430/8_9_TFT_LED_2GB_NAND.html

could someone please provide me with their "best guess" as to what it
means when, immediately following messages where a company is
non-responsive, the above appears on alibaba.com, originally with the
words "Linux OS" and "Lunix OS" in the title, followed one week later
by REMOVAL of those words and replacement with "Wince Compatible (not
supplied)", followed by modification of the machine's status to "Used"
?

my guess is that, rather than comply with the GPL, chitech are
*abandoning* the CT-PC89E, abandoning fulfilment of their U.S. order
for 1,000 machines, and are selling the machines manufactured so far.

which is downright weird.

any other guesses, anyone, and any ideas on strategies to help
chitech?   abandoning the machine rather than comply with the GPL
is... insane - it can't be right, there _has_ to be something else
going on.

i thought about asking them if they could merely provide a copy of the
engineer's hard drive: that would take absolutely zero of his time,
but i was going to offer that _after_ they agreed to comply.

i wasn't expecting total abandonment of the product.

ideas, anyone?