[Arm-netbook] ALSA info - trying to get sound working

Frans Pop elendil at planet.nl
Fri Mar 26 00:28:11 GMT 2010

On Thursday 25 March 2010, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
>  code goes something like this:

Looks like you're onto something here.

>  R4 = s3c6410_ac97_read(NULL, 4);

#define AC97_HEADPHONE          0x04    /* Headphone Volume (optional) */

And headphone volume is the one of the alsa controls that does something.

>  R5 = s3c6410_ac97_read(NULL, 0x18);

#define AC97_PCM                0x18    /* PCM Volume */

>  R2 = R4 << 17;
>  R2 >>= 17;

What's this? Rounding off?

>  s3c6410_ac97_write(NULL, 4, R2);
>
>  R2 = R5 << 17;
>  R2 >>= 17;
>
>  s3c6410_ac97_write(NULL, 0x18, R2);
>
>  it looks like the same in s3c24xx_pcm_close, except that it's <<19
> and >>= 19 for the 2nd one, hard to tell with the assembler being 0x75
> 0x20 0xff 0xe6 not properly disassembled.
>
>  in open, those two bug-ugly calls are made _after_ the
> snd_soc_set_runtime_hwparams.

Could you translate this to a proper patch? I'd prefer if you do it as you
can see the correct sequence of things.

Attached the patch I have ATM.