[Arm-netbook] Debian Installer fully functional for ChiTech PC89E

Frans Pop elendil at planet.nl
Thu Mar 25 23:29:55 GMT 2010

On Thursday 25 March 2010, Frans Pop wrote:
> On Thursday 25 March 2010, Michael Howard wrote:
> > What implications will the custom udev package have on an X-Window
> > system?
>
> Not sure, but I would expect it to just work. The incompatibility is on
> the kernel side, not on the userland side.

Looks like it is affected after all.
xserver-xorg-core has a versioned dependency on libudev0 which did not yet
exist in Lenny (and has now been abandoned again).

I did get LXDE started with Squeeze, but keyboard, touchpad and mouse were
all dead.

So maybe it's easier to set up the installer to install Lenny instead of
Squeeze while we're stuck with 2.6.24.

What do others think?