[Arm-netbook] ALSA info - trying to get sound working

Frans Pop elendil at planet.nl
Thu Mar 25 21:11:11 GMT 2010

On Thursday 25 March 2010, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 7:59 PM, Frans Pop <elendil at planet.nl> wrote:
> > Could someone who still has the original ChiTech installation run the
> > alsa-info [1] script (as root) and send me the result?
>
>  frans - did you see the two GPIO pins that need to be pulled?

No, I depend on you for that kind of thing :-)

>  at the top of s3c24xx_pcm_open() they pull:
>
>  s3c_gpio_cfgpin(S3C_GPK13, S3C_GPK13_OUTP);
>  s3c_gpio_setpin(S3C_GPK13, 1);

Success!

The ALSA controls are completely weird, but Queen's now singing "I want it
all, I want it now" :-)

I'm not sure that s3c24xx_pcm_open is exactly the correct place.
Reason is that when I add it there the volume is reset (to very loud) each
time I run ogg123. This seems to indicate that now the hardware is getting
reset each time a song is played, which seems incorrect.

But at least we do have sound now.

Do they also do anything on "close"?