[Arm-netbook] CT-PC89E - success replicating boot from SDcard with switch in NON-factory-default setting

Frans Pop elendil at planet.nl
Wed Mar 24 16:05:29 GMT 2010

On Wednesday 24 March 2010, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
>  so far we have 2 sets of empirical evidence supporting the
> hypothesis: adam's will lend a third.

All we have so far is "the system boots" with the switch in the alternative
position. My point is that we don't seem to have any evidence at all from
where the system actually booted.

> and yes, if someone wants to risk completely bricking their machine,
> change the NAND flash u-boot params, that makes it absolutely
> unequivocably clear.

No. I suggested changing the u-boot on the *SD* card, NOT on the NAND!

The whole point is to make the u-boot on the SD card different from the one
on NAND. That way you could actually tell from where the system booted.

Making a change in u-boot on the SD card should be safe right? Or do you
think that booting with the changed switch will automatically also flash
the NAND?