[Arm-netbook] Booting from SD card with switch on so-dimm in other direction ...

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton luke.leighton at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 23 12:38:06 GMT 2010

On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 12:18 PM, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton
<luke.leighton at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 11:37 AM, Adam Gill <madallig at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Please conform it is these two point to short??
>
>  NO.  absolutely no and NO.
>
>  that large blob of solder on the right hand side covers TWO pads.
> you now have a solder-blob-short between the pad to the right of the
> words "R46" and to the pad to the right of THAT.

 ahhh.... just to clarify (from skype conversations) adam informs me
that the blob was already there, placed on presumably by chitech.

 so - apologies adam for thinking it was you :)

 what i've recommended that adam try, for simplicity, is just to
remove the blob, and we see what happens: it may be the case that open
circuit means "please use external sdcard" - we just don't know, but
are going to find out.

 this is less risky than attempting fine-soldering.