[Arm-netbook] CT-PC89E - 2.6.24.7 mer smartq "hacked" kernel bootup

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton luke.leighton at googlemail.com
Fri Mar 12 00:36:59 GMT 2010

i managed to get a very poor quality but first boot.  it took me a
while to work out that actually the LCD was working fine, because the
mer-smartq kernel had the tux image replaced with a couple of
footballers.  i've modified kernel/printk.c console_setup() to copy
tty1 into the str argument, which overrides ttySAC0,115200 and thus
can get console debug info, that told me about the kernel panic due to
mmcblk0 and mmcblk1 being swapped around (by mer smartq devs).  usb
ohci is recognised but doesn't want to talk to its two GL450G hubs
(probably because mer-smartq5 kernel has been hacked about to be
USB-OTG).  the davicom dm9000 ethernet is recognised but has a
completely different MAC address, _that_ doesn't want to talk to me
either.

but it's a good start.