[Arm-netbook] My first impressions

Frans Pop elendil at planet.nl
Tue Mar 2 23:48:34 GMT 2010

On Tuesday 02 March 2010, Teis Dreijer wrote:
> Does your spacebar dip a bit to the right?

No, looks and feels fine.

> > I booted it the first time on battery. That worked (battery monitor
> > showed ~58% charge). But the touchpad worked unreliably or not at all
> > (a USB mouse worked fine) and IIRC the application selection bit at
> > the bottom of the desktop did not appear.
>
> Sounds weird - maybe we do not all have the same revision software?

I doubt that. Everything worked and showed up fine when I rebooted on AC.
Could have been just a glitch; will have to see if it returns when using
the device on battery.

> Weird. First thing I did when powering up the machine was installing
> gnome-games in order to get some tetris going. Worked flawlessly!

Hmmm. tetris isn't even listed in the games menu for me...

I just tried removing and reinstalling the package, but now I still have
the same problem with images and I'm missing even more entries in the
games menu :-/