[Arm-netbook] Initial observations

Alejandro Mery amery at geeks.cl
Fri Feb 19 13:52:08 GMT 2010

(replying only some chunks for now)

On 19/02/10 12:05, Oliver Kiddle wrote:
> I'm suprised nobody has mentioned this but the midfun system is
> using dpkg. Unlike real Debian, version numbers on packages all
> have an r in them, e.g. 1.4-r4. There's many rather un-Debian
> things around like /libexec. It's using busybox. Only slight
> surprise in the package listing is that gdb is installed. gcc is
> not. apt-get is there and a sources.list pointing to
> http://repository.mid-linux.org/extras. Might be possible to use
> Debian etch/arm stuff, possibly with a rebuild and in worst case
> with a chroot (chroot is installed). Looking at
> repository.mid-linux.org, it seems that only the extras are there
> despite some quite promising, but broken, links.

It could be a very good idea to find who (person) is behind
repository.mid-linux.org and invite him/her to join us.

> A terminal emulator is installed, named /usr/bin/test_mid_term.
> You can create a shortcut to it by right-clicking on the desktop
> and selecting create launcher. It's not very good though - even
> basic ANSI sequences aren't working.

old version of xfce-terminal, no idea why it behaves that bad :(
but we have dropbear running by default, so who needs it? :)

> On my system, dmesg is full of messages like: evbug.c: Event.
> Dev: usb-s3c24xx-1.1.4/input0, Type: 0, Code: 0, Value: 0 Is
> anyone else getting this?

unfortunately evbug is built-in, so we can't blacklist it or rmmod it.

but I managed to kidnap a useful early dmesg output. attached.

Alejandro