[Arm-netbook] First impressions

Jon Ervine jon.ervine at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 07:50:10 GMT 2010

On 17 February 2010 08:22, Adam Gill <madallig at gmail.com> wrote:

>  Hi Jon,
> Thanks for the pictures ....
>
> 1.So if the HDMI lookalike connector is really connected - then we can have
> video out  :-) - the keyboard shows this option anyway - Fn/F5 ...
>
> Is this a standard connector? ..... as my mini HDMI is too large.

I've been reading the wikipedia article on HDMI at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDMI and been out with my measuring tape :-)

Type A HDMI is the size we're used to seeing with TVs and PS3s
Type B HDMI is even larger and hasn't really been used in consumer goods
Type C HDMI is the smaller 'mini-HDMI' port we've seen on cameras and other
smaller devices. It is larger than the port on the netbook we have.
Type D HDMI is smaller again than Type C. In fact it's smaller than
micro-USB ports, so is smaller than the port on our netbooks.

Our port is just a bit smaller than Type C (approx 9mm to 10.4mm for Type
C), so it's anyone's guess as to what this actually is. Another Chinese port
perhaps? More googling ahead I suspect :-(

Jon