[Arm-netbook] First impressions

Jonathan Ervine jon.ervine at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 02:43:57 GMT 2010

On 17 Feb 2010, at 08:22, Adam Gill wrote:

> Hi Jon,
> Thanks for the pictures ....
> 1.So if the HDMI lookalike connector is really connected - then we can have video out  :-) - the keyboard shows this option anyway - Fn/F5 ...
> Is this a standard connector? ..... as my mini HDMI is too large.
> 2. Did you  find any hardware/connector for the web cam?

The video out connector isn't one I've seen before, so whether it's standard or not is anyone's guess. I might take the netbook (once reassembled) along to one of the computer centres here to see if any of the shops can identify it - Sham Shui Po is probably the best option.

More flipside mainboard pictures here:
ftp://files.phcomp.co.uk/files/arm-netbook/IMG_3147.jpg
ftp://files.phcomp.co.uk/files/arm-netbook/IMG_3148.jpg

There looks to be an unused connector on this side above and to the left of the USB ports. There is also one unused ZIF socket similar to the type used by the trackpad to connect to the mainboard. Perhaps one of these is USB - which could be used for the webcam?

By switching to tty1 and authenticating as the user midfun with no password I have been able to determine the following information:
uname -a has:
Linux mid-linux-epc 2.6.24-2 #1629 Mon Dec 7 14:55:12 CST 2009 armv61 unknown

lsmod has:
scsi_wait_scan
s3c_pp
s3c_mfc
rt3070sta
r8192s_usb
usbserial
cdc_acm
usbhid

dmesg has a lot of output all of the form:
Dev: usb-s3c24xx-1.1.4/input0, Type: 4, Code: 4, Value: 458794
evbug.c: Event. Dev: usb-s3v24xx-1.1.4/input0, Type 1, Code 14, Value: 0

(dmesg is filled with this unfortunately)

Jon