[Arm-netbook] ODM ?

Forum Blogarm.net forum at blogarm.net
Wed Apr 28 11:36:55 BST 2010

Hi everyone,
I am very impressed by the your ability to design your own SO-DIMM and
adapt the linux kernel to it.
I had also seen that your able to travel and discuss with manufacturers.
I'm asking myself a very little question :
Did you try to contact ODM like

Pegatron
http://www.liliputing.com/2009/08/pegatron-smartbook-is-thinner-lighter-boxier-than-the-asus-eee-pc-1005ha.html

Quanta
http://www.electricpig.co.uk/2009/11/19/quanta-android-smartbook-hands-on-photos/

Compal
http://www.engadget.com/2009/06/04/compal-shows-off-android-running-snapdragon-powered-smartbook/

(Concerning the IMX515 chipset,  read some benchmark and it's not so
good comparing to the Atom... so maybe the snapdragon would be better...)
http://www.slideshare.net/napoleaninlondon/arm-cortex-a8-vs-intel-atomarchitectural-and-benchmark-comparisons

I tried to contact them for my grouped order, but i didn't succeed
because of a lack of credibility (i can't travel and i'm just a student...)