[Arm-netbook] Keymap problems in X11 with arrow keys, PgUp and PgDn

Michael Howard mike at dewberryfields.co.uk
Tue Apr 20 08:46:16 BST 2010

JLB wrote:
> I tried this... setting the options to use devices /dev/input/event0 (for
> the keyboard) and /dev/input/event1 (for the touchpad) in
> /etc/X11/xorg.conf.
>
> The results were disastrous. The keyboard spewed copious amounts of
> garbage, and the touchpad simply did not work.
>
> Did I do something wrong?

I'm using lenny with xserver-xorg, xdm and xfce4. Here's my xorg.conf,
it works for me;

Section "ServerFlags"
    Option        "AutoAddDevices" "False"
    Option        "BlankTime"    "600"
    Option        "StandbyTime"    "600"
    Option        "SuspendTime"    "600"
    Option        "OffTime"    "600"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier    "Generic Keyboard"
    Driver        "evdev"
    Option        "Device" "/dev/input/event0"
    Option        "SendCoreEvents"
    Option        "CoreKeyboard"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier    "Configured Mouse"
    Driver        "evdev"
    Option        "Device" "/dev/input/event1"
    Option        "SendCoreEvents"
    Option        "CorePointer"
EndSection

Section "Device"
    Identifier    "Configured Video Device"
    Driver        "fbdev"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
    Identifier    "Configured Monitor"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
    Identifier    "Default Screen"
    Monitor        "Configured Monitor"
EndSection

--
Michael Howard        mike at dewberryfields dot co dot uk
Lancashire