[Arm-netbook] Current status of video driver

JLB j at twu.net
Sun Apr 18 00:20:21 BST 2010

Hi guys,

 	I have looked through the relevant documentation at (and linked to
from) http://elinux.org/CT-PC89E, but have not found any documentation re:
an X11 driver for this unit.

 	I recall some chatter on this list pertaining to an accelerated
(even 3D-accelerated!) video driver for X.org which would work with the
chipset in the CT-PC89E. I also recall that somebody (Adam? Luke?) had a
unit with an atypical chipset that was not like that in the others'
lappies.

 	In any case, I have installed Debian successfully on my unit, but
I would really appreciate the ability to set up X11. Without X11, this is
just a glorified terminal. Not that I don't like terminals, mind you...
but my GF would appreciate the ability to, you know, do graphical things
;)

 							--Jessica