[Arm-netbook] Report from meeting with Seatron and another factory ...

Adam Gill madallig at gmail.com
Mon Apr 12 02:26:18 BST 2010

Michelle Konzack wrote:
> Hello Adam,
>
> Am 2010-04-11 20:42:47, hacktest Du folgendes herunter:
>
>> new so-dim was made .... which I believe they are referring to this
>> one:
>> http://www.marvell.com/products/processors/applications/pxa_168/pxa_168_pb.pdf
>> ... and they say there is good Linux support??
>>

> AFAIK all PXA from Marvel are already supported...
>

>> 3. 3G card slot is available
>> a) I have 2 samples of the 3G card slot, one of which I'll send to
>> Luke and the other I'll use for my machine. If anyone else need one
>> please let me know as Seatron will sell these - sample prices!
>>

> Do you ow, which 3G modules they use?

WILL FIND OUT WE CAN CHOOSE

>> 4. VGA chip
>> I know some are missing on some sample machines - this will be a
>> standard item on a bulk order
>>

> Which VGA Chip is used?

WILL FIND OUT - SOME PEOPLE WHO BOUGHT THE SAMPLES HAD A VGA CHIP INSTALLED

>> 7.  Pictures: www.asiasourcing.net/ctpc89e/seatron
>> b) Camera and OR second WI-FI - there is a second WI-FI below LCD -
>> the connection is a USB
>> The second wi-fi below screen is meant to be realtec model ...
>> Does anyone have a second wi-fi on their machine?
>>

> Do you now the Main-Wifi module?

THERE IS PICTURE OF IT HERE:
www.asiasourcing.net/ctpc89e/seatron/IMG_3142.jpg

>> c) GPS chip - yes the the design already accomodates a GPS module -
>> if required,
>>

> Which?

will find out

>> e) Space for a third wi-fi - but this chipset is more expensive than
>> the PCIe version
>>

> Which?

don't know ... will find out .... :-)

>> 8. Web cam
>> Seatron inform the 667MHz processor is too slow to use with a web
>> cam ..... and have not got it to work properly anyway
>> I have asked for samples of web cam they intend to use.
>>

> ???  I run a webcam on a 200 MHz microcontroller without  any  problems,
> except if you swicht to VGA moduls of 640x480/16M.
>
> Oh, it is a Atmel AT91SAM9263 with 4" (470x272/16M) of 8"  (800x600716M)
> Display...  Both with TouchScreen.
>

>> With the upgrade of the so-dim with 1GHz and other features ... and
>> now option of GPS - isn't this enough for an improved ST-PC89e?
>> The 10" version is actually a brand new project.
>>

> Hmmm, I am already working on such design, but as TabletPC in format  A4
> (300x210x25mm) but using the Marvel Armada Series (not 300).
>
> I like to get the maximum size of a TFT into this format, so  if  anyone
> can recommend me transmissive Displays with a physical dimension of less
> then 260x190mm (~12") and a resolution of up to 1024x768 please  let  me
> know.

I have source some touch screens  - will accept just overlay? or you
need built in touch screen ...
I can buy just the replacement touch screen for mobile phone/pda in
Shenzhen -- and maybe this area have larger size also ...
what model is nearest to what you want? I think i-pad replacement lcd
will be availavle soon and that size is closer to what you want?