[Arm-netbook] Debian Installer fully functional for ChiTech?PC89E

Adam Gill madallig at gmail.com
Fri Apr 2 03:49:41 BST 2010

LOGO <http://www.youtube.com/sourceasia#p/u/0/9m0jpLtuqPc>
<http://www.youtube.com/sourceasia#p/u/0/9m0jpLtuqPc>Asia Sourcing
1801 Wing On Central Building
26 Des Voeux Road Central,
Central District, Hong Kong

Email: asiasourcing at asiasourcing.net <mailto:asiasourcing at asiasourcing.net>
Hong Kong mobile: +852 91461677
China/Hong Kong mobile: +852 53762612
China mobile: +86 15018962612
Tel: +852 8260 9066

JLB wrote:
> On Fri, 2 Apr 2010, Adam Gill wrote:
>

>> Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:

>>>  there are two!!
>>>
>>>  if adam can do it, so can you, andrew - pay attention 007 :)
>>>
>>>  adam's not got much computer experience, and he was half way through
>>> the d-i install before he contacted me on skype!
>>>

>> Yes i got Debian installed on my netbook ....
>>
>> I used the kernal thats already on the machine ----
>>
>> There are some issues like the LCD feeezing after 30 minutes  etc ...
>>
>> So it needs much more work to make it into a fully functional netbook .......
>> using debian ....
>>
>> Adam

> Does the LCD -always- freeze after 30 minutes (i.e. 30 minutes of UPTIME),
> or does it freeze after 30 minutes of, say, LCD blank?

Screen is fine for about 30 minutes and then slowly starts to fade --- i
haven't actually worked on the netbook for those 30 minutes .. so if i
was continally using the screen , i dont know if that would make a
difference.
When i have come back to the netbook in that fading phase, i also notice
that the mouse cannot move on the screen nor can open anything.
So although i can still see the screen .. it's not a functional gui ..

Adam