[Arm-netbook] SO-DIMM Upgrade Proposal: CT-PC89E with an 833mhz S5PC100 and 1gb of RAM - anyone interested?

Adam Gill madallig at gmail.com
Fri Apr 2 16:40:21 BST 2010

Luke,
Need clarification on this so-dimm. For USD 150.00 this includes all
revisions? ..until we get the all the fine tuning done? .. or will
additional funding be required until we have a final so-dimm?

How many are in? If many are in - then the price goes down? If there are
others that want a new CT-PC89E/Seatron type netbook - maybe they would
also want to have the new so-dimm ...

For the new so-dimm what I think we need is:
1. 1GHz processor
2. 512MB RAM
3. Micro SD card slot for the hard drive - which means it is possible to
always upgrade memory to the highest available
4. Nand flash can be included on the so-dimm if there is space - but i
cannot see the point of having this if we are going to have a micro-sd slot
5. Pinouts or switch for emergency recovery

You mentioned that there is space to make the so-dimm a little longer as
there is a bit of space inside the case which can be utilized

We have to make sure that non-Chitech type CT-PC89E's share the same
motherboard or what the differences are ...

Adam