[Arm-netbook] How about an opensource nuclear reactor?

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Wed Mar 11 02:00:19 GMT 2020

On Tuesday, March 10, 2020, Paul Boddie <paul at boddie.org.uk> wrote:

> Meanwhile, some related reading just came up:
>
> https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20200309-are-small-
> nuclear-power-plants-safe-and-efficient

 Many of the SMR designs in development simply shrink the systems of
large-scale nuclear plants, using less fuel. Nuscale’s reactor will be just
76 feet (23 metres) high.

um... i fail to see how that is considered "portable"

:)

I guess we're all on someone's recommended reading list.

wave hello to them over the fence and smile enthusiastically.  :)

---