[Arm-netbook] EOMA68-A20, MD 1.7 severe Power Problems

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Tue Aug 11 11:37:41 BST 2020

On Tuesday, August 11, 2020, Pablo Rath <pablo at parobalth.org> wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 26, 2020 at 10:29:07PM +0100, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton
> wrote:
> > On Sunday, July 26, 2020, Pablo Rath <pablo at parobalth.org> wrote:
> >

> > > I have a power supply from a Huawei Tablet (Output 5V, 2A) and one from
> > > an old Ipad Mini (Output 5V, 1A) both with a wall plug and a female USB
> > > socket.
> >

> > ok you need... a male to male cable.
> >

> > > Can I use one of them with a standard USB 2.0 USB A to USB A (male to
> > > male) cable?
> >

> > yes that's the one.  usually used on laptop fan bases.
> >

> Bought and tried the cable but I have no working UART.
> So far I have tried both USB-ports on the Micro Desktop, powering with
> the USB-port of my laptop and with the power supply (Output 5V, 2A).
> I think that the cable is working because it is new and it can load my
> smartphone (with an additional USB-OTG female USB to Micro USB adapter).
> Is there anything else I can try?
> It is frustrating. Without UART connection I don't know if anything
> happens at all when connecting the USB cable to the Micro Desktop.

does the USB UART happen to be one which has flashing LEDs on it?

there is another way to power the Card: *carefully* plug in a USB-OTG cable.

however the SY6280 should prevent power getting back through to the Housing.

it will however not prevent the 3.3v Tx and Rx of the UART from lighting up.

if the SY6280 was damaged at the time then it will not be letting power
through to the Card.

therefore powering via USB-OTG will bypass that.

---