[Arm-netbook] EOMA68-A20, MD 1.7 severe Power Problems

Pičugins Arsenijs crimier at yandex.ru
Tue Aug 11 10:36:00 BST 2020

11.08.2020, 11:32, "Pablo Rath" <pablo at parobalth.org>:
> On Tue, Aug 11, 2020 at 10:07:14AM +0200, Pablo Rath wrote:
>>  On Sun, Jul 26, 2020 at 10:29:07PM +0100, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
>>  > On Sunday, July 26, 2020, Pablo Rath <pablo at parobalth.org> wrote:
>>  >
>>  >
>>  > >
>>  > > I have a power supply from a Huawei Tablet (Output 5V, 2A) and one from
>>  > > an old Ipad Mini (Output 5V, 1A) both with a wall plug and a female USB
>>  > > socket.
>>  >
>>  >
>>  > ok you need... a male to male cable.
>>  >
>>  >
>>  > > Can I use one of them with a standard USB 2.0 USB A to USB A (male to
>>  > > male) cable?
>>  >
>>  >
>>  > yes that's the one. usually used on laptop fan bases.
>>  >
>>
>>  Bought and tried the cable but I have no working UART.
>>  So far I have tried both USB-ports on the Micro Desktop, powering with
>>  the USB-port of my laptop and with the power supply (Output 5V, 2A).
>>  I think that the cable is working because it is new and it can load my
>>  smartphone (with an additional USB-OTG female USB to Micro USB adapter).
>>  Is there anything else I can try?
>>  It is frustrating. Without UART connection I don't know if anything
>>  happens at all when connecting the USB cable to the Micro Desktop.
>
> Sorry, forgot to add that I tested my USB TTl to serial adapter with
> another arm-board and confirmed it working.
>
> Pablo

Hi! I have an EOMA board + microdesktop PCB that's currently set up to be power-able, and I can test things on a known-working board. Are you using some kind of SD card image that I could download for testing, or just the EOMA PCB + desktop card without any image-containing MicroSD card?

Cheers!
Arsenijs