[Arm-netbook] crowdsupply update 27sep2019 power regulators

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Fri Nov 8 17:30:44 GMT 2019

On Saturday, November 9, 2019, Paul Boddie <paul at boddie.org.uk> wrote:

> On Sunday 29. September 2019 01.35.31 Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
> >
> > Ahh yes. The lovely fraud by china taobao sellers. Crack open the 200uF
> > capacitor and it contains a 10uF one inside.
> >
> > Mike on the other hand has a solid relationship with his suppliers, one
> he
> > buys a million components a year from.
>
> Has anything else become known about this particular issue?

I am in Newmarket, Canada now, I don't have au equipment here.

> Were the
> regulators the only problem or only the first known problem?

You are along the right lines, I don't know. What I suspect is a change in
the design of the SY8008B where it's not switching on because the EN
resistor is 47k.

I need to speak with Mike to ask him to replace it and do remote diagnostics

>  I guess travel
> and logistics complicate things here, but I seem to remember it being
> mentioned that replacement regulators were on their way.
>
> Paul
>
> P.S. I hope Canada is working out and is not too cold at this time of year
> compared to your usual places of residence. ;-)

It's ridiculous. 40C to 4C...

> (I read recently that Canada doesn't have mandated national limits for
> lead in
> public water supplies, which happens to be yet another huge concern for
> marginalised communities, this alongside the matter of multinationals
> apparently taking whatever drinkable water those communities might have
> had in
> order to sell big-name bottled water to affluent consumers.)

My friend moved to a place with actual spring water

--
---