[Arm-netbook] Schematic and PCB layout CAD files

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Mon May 20 04:29:53 BST 2019

---

On Sun, May 19, 2019 at 11:42 PM David Niklas <doark at mail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 18 May 2019 16:25:13 +0100
> Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at lkcl.net> wrote:
> <snip>
> > Eagle - even the monetarily-zero-cost version, which I used to create
> > a far better 40V 32-bit-capable version of the RAMPS 1.4 (btw, RAMPS
> > 1.4 is so dangerous it's actually burned peoples' houses to the
> > ground) - is better, by miles.
> <snip>
>
> I didn't know you were an opensource arsonist. :)

 :)

 working with eagle a couple years ago i was so shocked by the
unprofessional use of 0.5 amp thermals in RAMPS 1.4 i felt compelled
to document it:

 https://reprap.org/wiki/RAMPS_1.4#WARNING_-_THERMAL-isolation-related_DESIGN_FLAW_IN_Power_handling_capacity_of_PRODUCTION_RAMPS_1.4_boards

 there is not enough space and the 0.5 amp thermals are completely
inadequate anyway, leading to in some cases only something like 2.5 A
maximum safe current capacity when the total load can be as high as
6.0A.  that can result in something like a 25 to 30C temperature rise
above ambient for the rest of the PCB.

 once one of the thermal tracks burns out you get runaway.

 yes i met someone who had imported RAMPS 1.4 into Canada, and sold
them.  yes, one burned someone's apartment down.  yes the FCC fined
the company and prohibited them from selling electronics.

> Do you have some KiCAD files of the incendiaries you used? :)

 very funny :)