[Arm-netbook] Schematic and PCB layout CAD files

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Sun Jun 16 17:14:13 BST 2019

On Wednesday 12. June 2019 02.09.12 Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:

> added here
> http://rhombus-tech.net/pcmcia_sources/

I have updated this page with some more details and some remarks about the
physical constraints involved. If such remarks belong elsewhere, feel free to
move them.

It was interesting to work through some of the calculations. The 0.4mm offset
of one of the header parts seems like a curious figure until one does the
calculations and determines that it must be intended for boards of 1.2mm
thickness (or less) with components mounted on the upper side.

Indeed, headers employing such an offset might conceivably be interesting when
considering sockets on the "non-EOMA68" edge of a computer card, since these
headers would maximise the space available to components on the upper side of
a board, presumably permitting top-mount sockets to be used. I don't know
whether this would have influenced the choice of sockets in the current batch
of boards, but I wonder if it might be influential or useful to consider for
any subsequent production.

I hope this was helpful, anyway.

Paul

P.S. I have also been working on KiCad footprints for some of the parts I have
found, in case anyone is still interested in such things.