[Arm-netbook] Intel's at it again

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Sun Jun 9 22:59:57 BST 2019

On Sunday 9. June 2019 22.38.55 Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 9, 2019 at 10:10 PM Paul Boddie <paul at boddie.org.uk> wrote:
> > Reminds me of Olimex's SOM204. Must be three times better than EOMA68:
> >
> > https://www.olimex.com/Products/SOM204/
>
>  standards need to be properly designed, otherwise they're not standards.

I think there's quite a bit of optional stuff in those 204 connections,
arguably making it a bit like a breakout board for SoCs. That might be helpful
for some applications, but probably isn't what one might call "plug and play".

> > P.S. Any news on the production front?
>
>  mike's manager's quit, and the production knowledge which we learned
> and accumulated through the samples has gone with him.
>
>  mike and i need to re-learn and recall the information.

That is unfortunate news. I hope you can both figure things out without too
much effort and inconvenience.

Paul