[Arm-netbook] Libre RISC-V -- I mean OpenPower M-Class GPU update

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Tue Dec 31 23:02:51 GMT 2019

On 12/31/19, David Niklas <doark at mail.com> wrote:

> Maybe I have not been clear, how does signing an agreement or joining UC
> "vet" people?
> I always thought that my code/schematics vetted me as a fool or a wise
> man.

it's not that simple when it comes to collaboration where it really
matters if incompatibilty is hosed.

trademark law - actually Certification Mark Law - is the "safety
barrier" behind which interoperability actually works.

the problem is: it is *essential* that the Trademark holder be FRAND -
Fair, Reasonable and Non-Discriminary, if they wish to actually
continue to hold that Trademark.

The RISC-V Foundation have been BLATANTLY unfair, unreasonable and
discriminatory, for a protacted, consistent and persistent
time-period, spanning SEVERAL YEARS.