[Arm-netbook] Libre RISC-V -- I mean OpenPower M-Class GPU update

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Tue Dec 31 19:10:58 GMT 2019

On Wednesday, January 1, 2020, David Niklas <doark at mail.com> wrote:

> Not that I haven't complained about RISC-V's seeming, now proven, lack of
> openness from the beginning, but did you ever find out why they
> restricted access to people with UC Berkeley associations?

it wasn't "deliberate", it's just pure academic arrogance. "we're better
than everyone else, we have to filter out bullshit, we know and trust these
people, we haven't time to "vet" other sources of knowledge and expertise,
and if they don't sign *our* agreement then regardless of what Trademark
Law actually says they can go f### themselves because we know better"

> It can't be: the license, newbie complains, IP theft concerns, etc., I
> give up. I would have asked them point blank, myself and put it in the
> update. It's counter productive to their stated goals.

several people independebtly  know that.

---