[Arm-netbook] Logos

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Sat Sep 22 04:47:04 BST 2018

On Saturday, September 22, 2018, Richard Wilbur <richard.wilbur at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Sep 21, 2018, at 20:02, Christopher Havel <laserhawk64 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > […]
>
> Interesting economic scenario.  I think it works best when the arbiter of
> the exchange rate for goods is impartial.  Otherwise the exchange rate
> would be influenced by biases.

This is where blockchain on a global scale helps at a local one (if adopted
properly) as the maths of PKI is inviolate and now well known if only
indirectly.

It is the first time in human history where third party arbitration may be
replaced with inviolate mathenatics.

An individual selling at a biased rate will have that unfair exchange
recorded forever. If all sellers refuse to use anything other than that
mechanism, no unfair exhange can take place.

So the trick is, to identify those locations and communities who are being
taken advantage of and offer them something inviolate.  Westerners have not
had to live the same kind of hell described in Professor Yunus book, so the
innovation for real economic change is unlikely to sprout there.

--
---