[Arm-netbook] tricky conundrum for the upcoming libre-riscv soc crowdsupply page: image needed

David Niklas doark at mail.com
Wed Nov 7 01:28:29 GMT 2018

Luke, I live in EST and until Friday I will be away from my keyboard most
days during working hours and then dinner time comes (and no, I really
can't skip dinner due to health reasons).

On Tue, 6 Nov 2018 05:32:58 +0000
Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at lkcl.net> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 6, 2018 at 5:18 AM David Niklas <doark at mail.com> wrote:
>
> > Sorry for getting back to you so quickly. :)
>
>  *snort* - i made up for it by completely failing to notice the admin
> messages...

ROFL

> > As you said, it's a cat and mouse game. But I created something
> > anyway.
>
>  oooo i looove the 3D one!  can you fit "Libre" above that for me?  i
> *love* the font and the whole thing, it's awesome.

You're kidding?! No, you're not! Luke, that is AMD's Ryzen benchmark
with their CPU featured in the picture! I changed the letters, added our
logo, and removed their orange one!
As for the font, I know I try hard to do my best work, each and every
time, but it was HAND DRAWN WITHOUT PRACTICE (excluding the R from
Ryzen :) ).
Remember your 30 sec price estimation? This is my 3 hour blender cool
thing creation! I haven't touched blender in years! Until now...

I aught to check the license... Ok, I can't find anything on AMD's website
about the file at all. I've also tried searching in several places
throughout the web without success.
The file itself does not, but can, contain a license.
I downloaded it directly from AMD so no chance of file alteration.
http://download.amd.com/demo/RyzenGraphic_27.blend
A big company not specifying a license??? This is unheard of!

What are you planning to use these things for?

I could create my own CPU without any chance of copyright problems, but
the soonest I could have it done is Sunday.

I'll work on the rest of the lettering and send it later. Tell me what I
should do about the license and blend...

> > Take a photo of your face when you see it...
> > It has 2 advantages. 1: Every techy knows what it is. 2: Every techy
> > knows that you are going to create something similar because there is
> > no way on God's green earth it's going to look identical.
>
>  :)
>
> > > if anyone would
> > > like to convert the attached to PNG (with a variant placing a circle
> > > behind the square) that would be really helpful.
> >
> > The attached *is* a png. But I'm guessing you wanted an image from
> > gimp... The problem is that you never said what size you wanted it or
> > what color you wanted the circle...
> > So, I'm making up for that by using an svg (inkscape), and then
> > outputting two little images for your viewing pleasure.
> > You can use the original and blow it up to an arbitrary size.
> > Or customize it.
>
>  can you send me the svgs, i'm assuming inkscape can deal with
> resizing of the primitive shapes: gimp i'd need to obviously do
> pixel-level editing
<snip>

Ummm, I included the SVG in the last email, just delete the green circle
and there you go!
Maybe you did not get it? Attaching again.

Sincerely,
David