[Arm-netbook] Urgent statement on Cryptocurrency ethics

Jean Flamelle eaterjolly at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 18:15:04 GMT 2018

        This is difficult to express so please bear patience. Able
manipulators of money do exploit the interest in cryptocurrency to
affect the prices thereof, purchase and sell cryptocurrency increasing
their stockpile of national and international currencies while
sustaining their supply of cryptocurrency. The practice of buying low
and selling high, is generally accepted, but I refute it. Not only
does no way of proving if they manipulated the price practical, but
buying low and selling high can only be possible if someone somewhere
tries to change the price of whatever their trade includes. This means
the price of bitcoin should be decided by netizens across internet
forums and some powerful actor is ensuring that can't happen.
        As a store of economic influence, I fully agree and support
the decision to hold donated bitcoin. However to convert it by means
of trade into any other currency, while what is happening is
happening, I can't stomach this morally. Individuals who are getting
tricked into purchasing cryptocurrency at exactly the wrong moments
are losing all the have. This is not simply gambling with high-stakes,
there is a concerted effort to deceive people into purchasing bitcoin
and other currencies. If anyone sells cryptocurrency now, they very
likely risk funding these scams.
        Please do not sell donated bitcoin or any other donated
cryptocurrency for the foresee-able future.
        This is not a permanent problem, but one we can't know when
will be resolved.

Thank you.
                -J. L.