[Arm-netbook] Testing: GPIO

Pablo Rath pablo at parobalth.org
Sat Mar 3 19:53:36 GMT 2018

On Sat, Mar 03, 2018 at 03:46:33AM +0000, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 3, 2018 at 2:44 AM, Jonathan Neuschäfer
> <j.neuschaefer at gmx.net> wrote:

> > About DT fragments: I'm not sure what you mean exactly. Mainline support
> > devicetree overlays which should do (half of) the job for EOMA68, though.
>
>  ah, yes, that's the official name.  overlays.
>
>  question: do you know if they've added the patches to *REMOVE*
> overlays yet?  Cards could potentially be dynamically removed... or at
> least put into sleep / suspend only to wake up with a totally
> different Housing.

The whole DT overlay discussion rang a bell somewhere in my brain and
now I had time to look it up. I read about a DT overlay hack here:
https://joeyh.name/blog/entry/easy-peasy-devicetree-squeezy/
Please read the README for details.
Can the above hack be of some use to the EOMA project until "patches to
fully support overlays, including loading them on the fly into a running
system" are mainlined?
I can not answer the question myself because I am not into DT overlays.

It seems we are not the only one with DT overlay problems:
https://elinux.org/BeagleBone_and_the_3.8_Kernel#Cape_Manager_and_Device_Tree_Overlays

kind regards
Pablo