[Arm-netbook] Testing: GPIO

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Fri Mar 2 03:30:14 GMT 2018

---

On Thu, Mar 1, 2018 at 9:46 PM, Richard Wilbur <richard.wilbur at gmail.com> wrote:
> It looks to me like the fastest way to test the GPIO lines connected
> on the micro-desktop board to VESA_SCL and VESA_SDA would simply be to
> connect a VGA monitor to the micro-desktop and make sure it is
> properly detected and a test image looks right on it.

 yep, pretty much... with one slight fly in the ointment: the SCL and
SDA lines are straight GPIO and will need a bit-banging I2C linux
kernel driver.  once that's configured, doing i2cdetect _should_ be
enough to test the circuit, although scanning the data and running
read-edid on it would be awesome and amazing: it would mean being able
to *really* do proper VESA detection.