[Arm-netbook] Testing: GPIO

Richard Wilbur richard.wilbur at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 22:50:54 GMT 2018

On Thu, Mar 1, 2018 at 3:05 PM, Christopher Havel <laserhawk64 at gmail.com> wrote:
> ...BTW, those SCL and SDA lines on a VGA connector are for a nifty signal
> coming from your monitor. It's called EDID and it's basically how every
> modern OS magically knows what to do with the monitor it wants to display
> on, regardless of the specs or origin of said monitor.
>
> If you've ever had a cheap VGA cable where all the pins are present on the
> connectors but those two lines are disconnected internally, you have
> experience with what happens when you eff with those wires. Best to leave
> them alone!

Christopher, you are quite correct about the usefullness of
untarnished VESA EDID.  Turns out I've worked with it before and
respect its utility with respect to VGA/DVI/HDMI monitors.

We are simply talking about how to test the DS-113 EOMA68-A20
processor cards when they come to the end of the assembly line.  In
that regard, our discussion is mainly about how to create a test
jig/fixture that has the most complete coverage of the signals
available on the EOMA68 interface and some of the possible use
scenarios.  We also have an interest in time efficiency as a matter of
economy.