[Arm-netbook] [Campaign Question] The project page (crowdsupp...

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Sun Jun 24 13:07:23 BST 2018

On Sun, Jun 24, 2018 at 12:48 PM, Bill Kontos <vkontogpls at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think once the original crowdfunding pledges are delivered a first
> round of outreach will be required. I don't know how future sales of
> the project are going to happen( since as you said you don't intend to
> stay in the business of making them for long)

 ah you misunderstand, bill: i have NEVER been permitted to be in the
BUSINESS of selling cards, EVER. a Certification Mark holder is not
permitted to, as it is "competing with licensees".  the only way to
get the Cards out to people is to be an "Advisor" to ThinkPenguin, who
has handled the finances and so on.

 so let me be clear: ANYONE MAY CONTACT ME AND BECOME A SALES AGENT.
or license EOMA68 and make their own Housings and Cards.  if the
design is entirely libre the licensing fee will be zero and i will do
everything i can to help them.

> or who is going to develop new cards

 anyone may do so... under license [zero fees if it's libre].  i have
been doing them up until now.

> but the project could definitely use some extra
> eyes.

 yep i know.

> Personally I'm holding off a purchase both due to the fact that
> the A20 is too slow for anything useful for me and mainly due to cost(
> and I want to build a NAS at some point too).

 rockpro64 for you, then.  damn good board.