[Arm-netbook] EOMA68-A20 Prototype Status

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Sun Jun 3 17:38:47 BST 2018

Hello,

I don't want to intrude with questions whose answers are already known, but
back in January there were estimates of "five to seven months" with regard to
"shipping", by which I presume that the final hardware was meant:

https://www.crowdsupply.com/eoma68/micro-desktop/updates/eoma68-a20-2-7-5-
gerbers-off-to-factory-thank-you-to-everyone-for-the-sponsorship

However, there was also the matter of prototypes being made. This was covered
in the February update:

"We might get lucky and have the PCBs back, if so I will post photographs."

https://www.crowdsupply.com/eoma68/micro-desktop/updates/fosdem-2018-shakti-
project-tape-out-nearly-done-2-7-5-eoma68-a20-pcbs

The March update suggests that the prototypes were still waiting for RAM:

"Mike is following up on pricing for Samsung DDR3 RAM, which appears to be
available. I want one other guaranteed supply of a completely different RAM IC
and I will tell him to go ahead with the 10 samples… but not until we have an
absolute guarantee of availability. Then once the samples are done we have a
clear and extremely simple and straightforward production schedule to follow."

https://www.crowdsupply.com/eoma68/micro-desktop/updates/fosdem-recap-risc-v-
update-and-certification-marks

The April update made a mention of another source of RAM, but nothing new
about the prototype schedule:

https://www.crowdsupply.com/eoma68/micro-desktop/updates/ddr3-ram-and-a-libre-
risc-v-soc

Are there any further updates on this situation? I imagine that the production
schedule is more or less "when it is ready", as I have always understood it,
but I did wonder whether there had been further progress with the prototypes.

Paul