[Arm-netbook] HDMI Player Stick as DRM-free Merch Alternative

Jean Flamelle eaterjolly at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 21:04:47 BST 2018

It proves the device was loaded by the owner of that private key.
That individual can accept accountability for whatever materials exist
on that device, indemnifying whatever vendor sells or makes available
the device (i.e. a library).

If content on the device isn't properly attributed or is non-free used
without permission, then governments can investigate the owner of that
private key in reliable faith that that individual distributed that
content unless their private key was stolen.

I'm not supporting that copyright should exist even as an option to
those who would like to restrict the yields of their creative efforts,
however the economic reality we face includes a lack of social
infrastructure for libre artists to mass-distribute the yields of
their efforts as well as for individuals to calculate their fiscal
honor-obligation to these artists. When talking about these kinds of
large scales over-paying artists remains a real possibility with
negative consequences all around (including to the artist [consider
how winning the lottery affects many in poverty] ). I don't think I'd
be the first to suppose that Star Citizen was "too" successful in
their fundraising, and feeling an obligation to develop the game
quickly hiring too much help, too quickly diluting their original
vision.
Rigorous attribution enables libre support models: without it, one can
only blindly support and hope artistic yields come about. Besides
that, transitions to libre support must ensue gradually and old models
can't immediately drop out of existence. While artists transition
someone needs to accommodate both toxic copyright models as well as
healthy libre models. <b><i>One does not simply get a smoker to stop
smoking by depriving them of smokes.</b></i>

This necessary infrastructure should add up to retailers getting used
to the idea of facilitating donations.