[Arm-netbook] EOMA Standard

Richard Wilbur richard.wilbur at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 23:32:27 GMT 2018

As I was reading the EOMA standard[*] in the section entitled "Interoperability Restrictions imposed by height limits", I came across a statement

Type III 8.0mm cards must be actively prevented from slotting into Type I (5.0mm) Housings by ensuring that there is a physical slot in the casework that is no more than 5.5mm in height.

which I think would probably reflect your meaning better if rewritten as follows:

Type III 8.0mm cards must be actively prevented from slotting into Type II (5.0mm) Housings by ensuring that there is a physical slot in the casework that is no more than 5.5mm in height.

Because the previous paragraph dealt with restrictions on Type I Housings (which accept 3.3mm high cards) and this mentions 5.0mm cards (which correspond to Type II).

Reference:
[*]  https://elinux.org/Embedded_Open_Modular_Architecture/EOMA68/Hardware#Pinouts_.28version_1.0.29

Sent from my iPhone