[Arm-netbook] Transferring the EOMA standard from elinux.org to markdown / new website

Bluey bluey at smallfootprint.info
Mon Jan 22 09:07:30 GMT 2018

Hi Luke,

I have some memory of a request for help in transferring the EOMA standard from the elinux.org site to markdown format (as a step towards publishing it on eoma68.com) but can’t find the exact reference in the mailing list archives.  If I’ve remembered that correctly, and it’s something you are looking for help with, I’d be happy to volunteer.

I have some experience with static-site generators (that, as you’d know, use markdown documents as source files), and could assemble something along those lines if you’d like.  Here’s a quick mockup of a site for the EOMA standard using the MkDocs engine: https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code=kZP6WH7ZvLbZLKwpHaokSVkeG02gqd7dt5wQxEdk <https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code=kZP6WH7ZvLbZLKwpHaokSVkeG02gqd7dt5wQxEdk>

The present mockup design is based on the assumption that the specifications for all current and future EOMA standards would be housed on the same website (EOMA-26, EOMA-CF, EOMA-68, etc.); this would, I presume, consequently require the use of a more generic domain name (e.g., EOMAstandard.info/.org) instead of EOMA-68.com but obviously I’ll leave the decision about which way to go with you.  I can easily change the site design to just cover EOMA-68 should that be your preference.

You’ll notice that I’ve added in some suggested extra pages including: ‘Contribute', ‘About', 'News', and ‘FAQs'.  For the ‘Contribute' page, I had in mind suggesting that people could offer technical, marketing, or financial support to the project.

If you’d just prefer the pages in markdown (not assembled as a MkDocs site) I can also just do that, in which case I could just create a collection of individual pages in a flat file structure and leave any internal page links I find as they are.

Cheers,
Bluey
—
P.S. I have noticed that sometimes various versions of the standard (e.g., EOMA-68) are written with a hyphen and sometimes without.  I personally feel that the best format would be to include some nominated character to clearly indicate that there are multiple variations of the standard.  You could then use a different character to indicate variation according to type of SOC.

For instance, the format might be: EOMA or EOMA-, EOMA-NN, and EOMA-NN:XYZ.  Examples would then be...

EOMA or EOMA-
EOMA-26, EOMA-68, EOMA-200, etc.
EOMA-68:A20, EOMA-68:RISC-V, EOMA-68:RK3399, etc.

OR, swap the colon and hyphens around...

EOMA or EOMA:
EOMA:26, EOMA:68, EOMA:200, etc.
EOMA:68-A20, EOMA:68-RISC-V, EOMA:68-RK3399, etc.

OR, use the pipe or other symbol for SOC...