[Arm-netbook] Early UART output vs. housing board discovery

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Wed Jan 17 16:04:01 GMT 2018

---

On Wed, Jan 17, 2018 at 2:47 PM, Jonathan Neuschäfer
<j.neuschaefer at gmx.net> wrote:

> Ok, let me try again, without these less important differences:
>
>         "As this problem is to be taken care of on the I/O Board it
>         is worth observing that CPU Cards do not need to perform UART
>         buffering. They may however need to perform level shifting:"

 As this problem is to be taken care of on the Housing it is worth
observing that CPU Cards do not need to perform UART buffering (as
this would interfere with their potential use as GPIO lines).

 i realised that the reason *why* you don't level-shift on the Card
was not mentioned.